[hunchentoot-devel] Hard to catch errors below process-request

AVS lispercat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 19:08:56 UTC 2011

Hi

Recently I was trying to find out why the client received an empty response.
The problem was inside function start-output. Function call to
(string-to-octets content :external-format (reply-external-format*)
was throwing an exception (it was a non-latin character for latin
external-format) which I couldn't catch in debugger by setting
(setf hunchentoot:*handle-http-errors-p* nil)
(setf hunchentoot:*handle-http-errors-p* t)
(setf *catch-errors-p* nil)

Actually inside start-output I can write any crazy code that would
fail to compile or throw an exception, but for some reason this error
never gets shown at any level.
Maybe I am just missing something that I can specify, or maybe it only
happens on my end (I am using hunchentoot 1.1.1 on Ubuntu) please let
me know.

Thank you,
Andrei