[hunchentoot-devel] log files

rm at tuxteam.de rm at tuxteam.de
Tue Dec 20 23:24:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 11:48:58PM +0100, Haris Bogdanovich wrote:
> I did the following:
>
> (setf acc (make-instance 'acceptor))
> (setf (acceptor-message-log-destination acc) "c:/log.txt")
> (acceptor-log-message acc :error "%s")

??? What's that format string supposed to be/do?

> and something is written in c:/log.txt
> it just states ERROR %s.
> How should look the format string ?

Depends on what you want it to do ..

 (acceptor-log-message acc :error "User ~A did something stupid~%"
"Carl")

> I thought it has to do with format function
> but obviously it doesn't.
> Are there some instructions how to write format string ?

Besides the fine chapter on format in the Common Lisp Hyperspec?
Maybe  http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/a-few-format-recipes.html.

 HTH, Ralf Mattes