[hunchentoot-devel] Hunchentoot treatment of unhandled conditions

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 15:30:33 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 16:01, Daniel Weinreb <dlw at itasoftware.com> wrote:

> Hans Hübner wrote:
>> I do not think that Hunchentoot should continue as if nothing happened
>> when usocket:socket-accept signals an unknown condition.
>
> Yes, I agree.  I was thinking in terms of providing a way for
> the application using Hunchentoot to have a way of
> controlling what happens next in such a circumstance,
> such as logging, notifying some other process, etc.

I am assuming that you are still running Hunchentoot in
single-threaded mode:  I would wrap the call to hunchentoot:start in
an appropriate error handler and process any unhandled errors as
desired.  If Hunchentoot does not clean up properly in such an event,
I'd consider that to be a bug in Hunchentoot or usocket.  Beyond that,
I do not think it makes sense to special-case errors coming from
usocket (i.e. file system problems can also result in conditions that
Hunchentoot does not handle itself and that'd require handling by the
caller).

Does that make sense?  If not, what exactly are you looking for?
Maybe you can just send a patch that we can examine.

Thanks,
Hans