[hunchentoot-devel] less-than-helpful error message

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 09:52:16 UTC 2010

Hi,

Edi and I discussed this matter and we agreed that my suggestion that
using a recursive lock would solve the problem does not really hold.
With the same situation (error signaled while holding the lock and
logging, resulting in another log invocation), the recursive lock
would result in an infinite recursion and finally stack exhaustion.
This would not be an improvement.

I think Dan's contribution was good:  It should be attempted to do
fine-grained error handling for the arguments while logging, and
errors while logging should certainly not make the code re-enter the
logging code.

Cyrus, did you actually verify that your patch solves the problem?  We
might be missing something.

Thanks,
Hans