[hunchentoot-devel] 'max-threads' behavior for Hunchentoot

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 08:26:41 UTC 2010

Scott,

just as a clarification:   I think that if thread pools are not useful
(which seems to be the case), we should not have stubs in there for
them.  I do think that your change, which allows limiting the number
of client threads that Hunchentoot has active at any one time, should
have the two discussed modes when the limit has been reached:  The
default mode would be to pause accepting requests or, once the queue
runs full, to reject them.  The alternative mode would be to accept
all new connections but reply with a 503.

I don't know what the state of your patch is now, but I guess that the
above is what you have implemented.  This is just to verify that we're
on the same page.

Thanks!
Hans