[hunchentoot-devel] UTF-8 encoding problems

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Tue Apr 13 13:53:57 UTC 2010

Hi all,

CL-USER> (hunchentoot-asd:*hunchentoot-version*)
"1.1.0"

With:

  (setq tbnl:*default-content-type* "text/html; charset=utf-8")

called once when TBNL is initialised, Turkish characters provided in Lisp
source files are sent to the client without a problem, but Turkish characters
that come from a UTF-8 database via Postmodern cause the following error:

  Error while processing connection: #\LATIN_SMALL_LETTER_DOTLESS_I (code 305)
  is not a LATIN-1 character.

before they can be sent to the client.

Why does TBNL expect LATIN-1 characters in one context but not in another?

Incidentally, I experience the same 'not a LATIN-1 character' error when I
evaluate Lisp files via SLIME, but not when the files are load'ed.

Putting:

  (setf (content-type*) "text/html; charset=utf-8")

in the handler makes no difference.

What else can I try?

Seb

P.S. Turkish characters in the results of Postmodern queries performed directly
     in the REPL are displayed (in SLIME) correctly.

--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.