[hunchentoot-devel] Customizing acceptor behaviour

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Sun Oct 18 16:23:27 UTC 2009

Quoth "R.Stoye" <stoye at stoye.com>:
> Another approach is to add an dispachtable slot to an customized
> acceptor class (as it was before Hunchentoot version 1.0):

Thanks for your suggestion.  Noted and understood.  (In fact I had already done
something very similar).

My claim (in an earlier thread) that I understood Common Lisp packages was
true, but I realise now that I didn't quite understand how they're used in real
world applications.

For some reason, I thought it would be better not to 'pollute' the hunchentoot
namespace with my own subclasses e.t.c., hence my attempt to subclass the
hunchentoot acceptor class from within a separate namespace/package; maytal.  I
realise now that this is an almost unworkable and entirely unnecessary
practice.

Seb
--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.