[hunchentoot-devel] Widget Guidlines

First name Last name zaries at global.co.za
Tue Jan 20 09:24:12 UTC 2009

 ----- Original Message ------
 From:Tomasz Lipski
 Sent:Tuesday, January 20, 2009 10:26
 To:General interest list for Hunchentoot and CL-WEBDAV tbnl-devel at common-lisp.net;
 Subject:Re: [hunchentoot-devel] Widget Guidlines

2009/1/19 First name Last name :

>> Hi

>> I have been using hunchentoot for the last two months and I have created a

>> DB-Grid widget for myself. I pass relevant info in through parameters like

>> table name and columns to display and the widget generates a html grid with

>> paging, edit/delete and search functionality.

>Hi,

>I believe that attempt for such standardization could be weblocks

>(based on hunchentoot)...

>http://weblocks.viridian-project.de/

>Best regards,

>Tomek Lipski

Tomek

I think weblocks is a bit of a over kill. I have never used it but from what I saw in the documentation it is big and in my opinion might carry to much over head. I am sure it has its right full place but I am not sure this is it.

What I was thinking about was free standing widgets that don't need a whole framework to carry them. A specification for something like this would include a list of common properties/functionality and general methadoligy (persistance,state...etc) that would fit in with hunchentoot's design and strong points.

Regards
Phil