[hunchentoot-devel] COMET with Hunchentoot?

Jim Prewett download at hpc.unm.edu
Thu Feb 26 21:01:13 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm not quite sure what I'm after except that the buzzword seems to be
"COMET".

AFAICT, much of the time, this involves having javascript send an
XMLHttpRequest to the server which the server keeps open until there is
data to be sent to the client.

Has anyone done anything like this?  Does anyone have thoughts on how one
might implement something along these lines?

All I am really after is some sort of "Server Push" - I'd be happy to hear
any thoughts anyone has along these lines.

Thanks,
Jim

James E. Prewett                    Jim at Prewett.org download at hpc.unm.edu
Systems Team Leader           LoGS: http://www.hpc.unm.edu/~download/LoGS/
Designated Security Officer         OpenPGP key: pub 1024D/31816D93
HPC Systems Engineer III   UNM HPC  505.277.8210