[hunchentoot-devel] CLOS versus closures

Peter Seibel peter at gigamonkeys.com
Wed Aug 12 13:50:23 UTC 2009

Hmmm. I'm not sure those things are "often considered 'better'" except
perhaps by Paul Graham. Anyway, the current architecture, as I
understand it, is designed to be extensible in various ways. To build
that level of extensibility using closures, etc. you would end up
implementing something like CLOS.

-Peter

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 6:45 AM, Jonathon McKitrick<jmckitrick at gmail.com> wrote:
> quick question... Hunchentoot recently (?) moved to a more OO model,
> correct?  I'm just curious... since lambda expressions, closures, macros,
> and other lisp constructs are often considered 'better' than CLOS (less
> verbose, less overhead), what made Edi decide to move to the more OO design?
>  Surely it wasn't just popular demand.  ;-)
>
> --
>
> Jonathon McKitrick
> http://moltencopper.com

Peter Seibel