[hunchentoot-devel] Preventing users to upload too big files

Hans Hübner hans at huebner.org
Fri Sep 19 08:53:28 UTC 2008

After some internal discussion, I would recommend against hacking
RFC2388 - It will most likely be replaced by something which is more
extensible in the future.

For the time being, your easiest solution might be to use the position
counter of the flexi-stream that the upload is being read from.  At
the beginning of the request, you would make this stream accessible to
your status handler (for example by putting it into the session), and
the status handler would use the start and current position to measure
request progress.

Hope this still helps.  Let us know if it works or if you have found
another, better solution.

-Hans