[hunchentoot-devel] Hunchentoot and raw data output

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri Sep 19 08:13:16 UTC 2008

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:00:16 +0300, public.avatar at gmail.com ([AvataR]) wrote:

> Must be (example from server with external CSS, i request CSS
> manualy):
>
> avatar at Nemesis ~ % telnet habrahabr.ru 80 | head
> Trying 62.213.122.2...
> Connected to habrahabr.ru.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> GET /css/main.css
> body, html {
> 	height: 100%;
> }
> body {
> 	font: .75em Verdana, sans-serif; /*12px is font-size for main content. Base font size*/
> 	color:#000;
> 	background:#fff;
> ^CConnection closed by foreign host.
>
> And by hunchentoot:
>
> avatar at Nemesis ~ % telnet 10.0.1.12 8000 | head -n 20
> Trying 10.0.1.12...
> Connected to 10.0.1.12.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> GET /index.css
> Connection closed by foreign host.
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:58:23 GMT
> Server: Hunchentoot 0.15.7
> Connection: Close
>
> #header {
>  text-align: center;
>  float: top;
>  color: 0x0000FF;
> }
>
> #sidebar {
>  text-align: center;
>  float: left;
>
> I.e. all headers must be turned off

Yes, in the case of HTTP/0.9 Hunchentoot should send no headers at all
although it does.  I've seen no pressing need so far to support
HTTP/0.9, but if someone wants to send a patch (against the dev
version, please), I'll be happy to integrate it.

  http://weitz.de/patches.html

Why do you need HTTP/0.9 support?