[hunchentoot-devel] thread safety in session-value

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu Sep 4 19:37:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 06:47:38 +0200, "Hans Hübner" <hans at huebner.org> wrote:

> I agree, this could be a problem if one session is accessed by
> multiple requests, and this is not a completely unlikely scenario
> (although I have not been bitten by this).  Do you have a patch?

I don't think this needs a patch.  There's a lock for the case that
Hunchentoot accesses the global session database.  If you (as a user)
write an application where different handlers or different threads
work on the same session object at the same time, then you know what
you're doing and you should take care of locking (if needed) yourself.
IMNSHO it is a bad decision to defensively wrap locks around
everything that could in theory be accessed simultaneously.