[hunchentoot-devel] Re: utf-8 encoding problems

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Sep 3 17:56:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 12:05:03 -0400, "Andrei Stebakov" <lispercat at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does it mean that I need to get the underlying binary stream from
> the flexi stream returned by (send-headers) and use it with
> write-jpeg-to-stream?  Or use some other function (not
> write-jpeg-to-stream) so it returns an array of octets instead of
> writing to the stream?

All of these should work (I think):

  - get the underlying stream
  - set the element type of the (flexi) stream to 'flex:octet
  - set the external format of the (flexi) stream to latin-1, or
  - return an array of octets.

If you're not on CLISP, you should also be able to write binary data
directly to the stream, but CL-GD won't do that (as it predates
flexi-streams).