[hunchentoot-devel] Help

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Thu Nov 20 23:03:16 UTC 2008

Hello Harrison.

on Thursday, November 20, 2008, 11:27:47 PM Harrison wrote:

As for the first problem:

> But before  trying to access the page, I get the
> following error messages when loading  hunchentoot of which messages I have no idea what they mean:
>
> Unable to load foreign library (LIBSSL).
>
> Error opening shared object "libssl32.dll":

This is because you do not have OpenSSL library installed on your
computer. But OpenSSL is only necessary if you are using your server
via HTTPS.

You may recompile hunchentoot so that it will not depend on OpenSSL:

    (pushnew :hunchentoot-no-ssl *features*)
    (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :hunchentoot))

The second item:

> I am currently trying SBCL 1.0.6. via Cusp v0.8.174 on Windows Vista.
[...]
> when I do
> (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :hunchentoot-test)
> I get the following:

> ; C:\Program
> Files\eclipse\plugins\jasko.tim.lisp.libs_1.0.0\libs\hunchentoot-0.11.1\hunchentoot-test.asd
> ; into #<PACKAGE "ASDF0">
> ; registering #<SYSTEM :HUNCHENTOOT-TEST {B6AD791}> as  HUNCHENTOOT-TEST
> error opening
> #P"C:\\Users\\hmaseko\\Desktop\\eclipse\\plugins\\jasko.tim.lisp.libs_1.0.0\\libs\\hunchentoot-0.11.1\\test\\fz.jpg":
>
> No such file or directory
>
> [Condition of type SB-INT:SIMPLE-FILE-ERROR]
[...]
> the path is pointing to my desktop. True, I kept my Eclipse SDK
> there for a while before moving it to it's permanent location in
> c:/program files/ but why is the error occuring?

I have not used Cusp and therefore can not answer precisely,
but locations, from where asdf loads files, are stored
in the asdf:*central-registry* variable. Check it's value
and set it to right locations, before doing
(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :hunchentoot-test).

Perhaps Cups has a special .lisp file that configures
asdf:*central-registry*. If such a file was created at the
moment if installation, when your Eclipse was on desktop,
the file may still contain the old locations.

Hope that helps. If Cusp has mailing list, it may be also
helpful to ask there.

Best regards,
- Anton