[hunchentoot-devel] Hunchentoot and threads

Hans Hübner hans at huebner.org
Mon Nov 17 13:40:55 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 14:02, Andy Chambers
<achambers.home at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 7:08 PM, Hans Hübner <hans at huebner.org> wrote:
>
>> As for future work on Hunchentoot:  We do have the new connection
>> manager class in place which is meant to support the implementation of
>> thread pools.  Thread pools would help putting limits on the number of
>> threads created, helping with getting through load peaks.  I do not
>> personally need such a connection manager, but rather want to spend
>> some time on making Hunchentoot be able to use single threaded I/O
>> multiplexing using select/kpoll/whatever.
>
> Is there an existing webserver which uses this technique?  I'm interested
> in seeing the details.

IOLIB (http://common-lisp.net/project/iolib/) has an event based HTTP
server and is written in Common Lisp.  Twisted
(http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/) is an event based communications
framework written in Python which includes a HTTP server.  xlightweb
(http://xlightweb.sourceforge.net/) is a HTTP client/server library
written in an event oriented fashion in Java, based on the xsocket
library.

HTH.
-Hans