[hunchentoot-devel] Can we control the number of worker-threads/per-session?

Hans Hübner hans at huebner.org
Thu Nov 13 11:50:51 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 17:08, Matthew Lamari <matt.lamari at gmail.com> wrote:
> From my observations, I've seen Hunchentoot limit the number of worker
> threads within a session (deliberately put "sleep"s into ajax request
> handlers, then stacked them up).  It seemed to limit per-session,
> another session caused the creation of new threads.
>
> I could not find it in the documentation - but is there a way to
> control the number of workers available for handling requests in
> total, or per-session?

No, Hunchentoot currently provides for no control over the number of
threads that it creates.  In multi threaded mode, a new thread is
created for each incoming connection.  There may be limits in
Lispworks and/or Windows that create the apparent limitation that you
observe, but they are not under Hunchentoots control.

-Hans