[hunchentoot-devel] [patch] redirect* (allows to set status code)

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Mar 11 13:19:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 09:07:59 -0400, "Hans Hübner" <hans at huebner.org> wrote:

> Why not support both STATUS-CODE and PERMANENTLY and make it an
> error to specify both?

That's of course possible, but it's a bit ugly, isn't it?  Reminds of
the story how they didn't change the crufty syntax of Make back then
because they already had half a dozen active users.  At least,
discussions like this one explain why Common Lisp isn't as lean and
elegant as some people would like it to be.

If Zach is the only one complaining, I still think it is better to
burn our bridges behind us.  (Sorry, Zach...)