[hunchentoot-devel] [patch] redirect* (allows to set status code)

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Mar 11 11:32:37 UTC 2008

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:15:23 +0100, Michael Weber <michaelw+tbnl at foldr.org> wrote:

> attached is a patch which adds and exports a new function REDIRECT*
> (including changes to documentation).  It is like REDIRECT, except
> that it has a keyword argument CODE instead of PERMANENTLY.  This is
> to allow returning 303 (See Other) while staying backwards
> compatible.
>
> The alternative would be to add the CODE keyword argument to
> REDIRECT, and figure out the semantics when both :code and
> :permanently are given.  I can prepare a patch for that, too, if
> this is preferred (and somebody states the proposed behavior as
> docstring ;)).

Thanks for the patch.  I would personally prefer to have only one
function for this task at the risk of not being backwards compatible,
i.e. I'd simply remove :PERMANENTLY.  Maybe we can have a quick poll:

If anybody with lots of production Hunchentoot applications is
absolutely relying on the :PERMANENTLY keyword, please speak up
now... :)

Cheers,
Edi.