[hunchentoot-devel] Request methods suffixed with * -- not backwards compatible?

Chaitanya Gupta mail at chaitanyagupta.com
Sun Aug 31 05:10:01 UTC 2008

Hi,

I was trying to use the svn branch of Hunchentoot, and found, to my
surprise, that most of my old code didn't work anymore. The culprit
mainly seems to be request.lisp, where a lot of old functions/methods
have been renamed with a * suffixed to their name.

Are these changes permanent? Will these make it into the release
version? Also, what is the reason behind this? I tried searching the
mailing list for any discussion on this, but couldn't find anything.

One more thing, there were no such changes to reply.lisp i.e. no
*-suffixed names there. Will the reply methods also undergo these changes?

Chaitanya