[hunchentoot-devel] mod_lisp anyone?

Ralf Mattes rm at seid-online.de
Wed Apr 9 15:09:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 16:50 +0200, Edi Weitz wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 16:30:04 +0200, "Arthur Lemmens" <alemmens at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> > As opposed to running Hunchentoot stand-alone, you mean?  I don't
> > really know.  I guess he likes the cosy feeling of having everything
> > behind Apache.
>
> You don't need mod_lisp for that.  You can put Hunchentoot behind
> mod_proxy as described in the documentation.  That way, you still have
> a pure Lisp server for testing and debugging, but it is shielded from
> the Real World[tm] outside by an Apache.

Yes, that' s true iff you need Apache just for that cozzy feelin'
But often there's much more built into the Apache server, like
Authentication, Authorisation, session handling etc. that needs to be
shared with other Apache modules. Sometimes it's possible to tweak
Apache in order to use mod_proxy but often that isn't the case.

 Cheers, Ralf Mattes