[hunchentoot-devel] mod_lisp anyone?

Hans Hübner hans at huebner.org
Wed Apr 9 10:11:45 UTC 2008

2008/4/9, Arjan Wekking <arjan at streamtech.nl>:
>  On 9 apr 2008, at 11:39, Hans Hübner wrote:

> > I'm planning to make some substantial changes to Hunchentoot and it
> > would be helpful if I could remove mod_lisp support in this process.

>  Interesting; what are these substantial changes?

I want to change Hunchentoot so that the threading model for request
execution is a configuration parameter, not a function of what the
Lisp implementation provides.  For my primary application, I currently
need a single threaded model where one thread both listens for
requests and executes them.  In the future, I may need to support a
thread pool.

I would also like to factor the SSL specific functionality into a
separate server class.

Removing the mod_lisp code would make overall refactoring easier, as
the mod_lisp decisions are spread all over the code.  Also, it is
harder to test changes if one has to test both with mod_lisp and http.
 Presently I am primarily looking for ways to simplify the code in
order to make it easier to change and extend.

> > If you are using Hunchentoot with mod_lisp, please let us know.

>  We (Streamtech) are using it in some relatively large web applications;
> although moving to an infrastructure without mod_lisp is possible, doing so
> would take quite some effort that we're not necessarily willing to take.
> Unless the substantial changes make up for it, of course ;)

Are there any features that you are really looking for?

-Hans