[hunchentoot-devel] GET-REQUEST-DATA unhappiness with firefox's xforms plugin

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu Mar 29 06:45:22 UTC 2007

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 17:07:42 -0700 (PDT), dat <dathomp1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've been using hunchentoot with the firefox xforms plugin and
> recently switched to mod_lisp2 with apache's httpd. xhtml pages seem
> to work fine. However, when submitting results from an xforms
> document to hunchentoot under mod_lisp2, the client request is never
> answered -- when the client request is interrupted, sbcl
> complains...
>
> end of file on #<FLEXI-STREAMS::FLEXI-LATIN-1-IO-STREAM {AD9F809}>
>    [Condition of type END-OF-FILE]
>
> The backtrace suggested that GET-REQUEST-DATA is unhappy with the request...
>
>      8: (ERROR END-OF-FILE)
>   9: (READ-LINE
>       #<FLEXI-STREAMS::FLEXI-LATIN-1-IO-STREAM {AD9F809}>
>       NIL
>       #<unused argument>)
>  10: (HUNCHENTOOT::GET-REQUEST-DATA)
>  11: (HUNCHENTOOT::PROCESS-CONNECTION
>       #<HUNCHENTOOT::SERVER {AB55C09}>
>       #<SB-BSD-SOCKETS:INET-SOCKET descriptor 19 {AB87E61}>)
>
> If I take mod_lisp out of the picture and just make the request from
> hunchentoot directly there doesn't seem to be a problem. If I change
> the code for key/value reading in GET-REQUEST-DATA (headers.lisp) to
>
>    for value = (read-line *hunchentoot-stream* nil nil)
>    ;;for value = (read-line *hunchentoot-stream* t)
>
> things work like a charm (at least,
> superficially...). Unfortunately, at this point, I'm a little out of
> my depth... Does hunchentoot throwing an error indicate that the
> xforms plugin is buggy (maybe leaving an extra blank line somewhere
> in the http where it shouldn't)?
>
> Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions...

Hmm, I don't have the XForms plug-in to test this, but my initial
guess would be that the plug-in sends content to the server using
chunked transfer encoding and your combination of Apache and mod_lisp
can't cope with that.  Try to start the server with :INPUT-CHUNKING-P
set to NIL and see if that makes a difference.

  http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/mod-lisp-devel/2006-December/000104.html

Let us know what comes out of it.

Cheers,
Edi.