[hunchentoot-devel] Showing progress to the user

Lars Rune Nøstdal larsnostdal at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 14:12:48 UTC 2007

On 3/9/07, Andrei Stebakov <lispercat at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to know if there is some functionality in hunchentoot that would
> allow me to show the progress page to the user. Let's say a user click on a
> link handle by hunchentoot hander method which takes a lot of time to
> process. How can I show a page that says "Please, wait" which will redirect
> to the actual data view of the handler?
> Here I can think of only "<meta http-equiv='refresh' content='0;" but maybe
> there is something supported by the framework?
> Sorry if my question is not totally related to hunchentoot.

You could maybe set up a chunked response for the "please wait"-page
and somehow make an event trigger when it is completely loaded (when
the server side stuff is done). Using javascript with an `onload'
might work.

http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_onload.asp

(i'm new to the list btw. .. hope this ends up in the right location/thread)

--
Mvh,
Lars Rune Nøstdal