[hunchentoot-devel] url-encoding file names

Mathias Dahl mathias.dahl at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 08:50:10 UTC 2007

> > http://myserver/somepath/Tommy+K%C3%B6rberg/Tommy+K%C3%B6rberg+-+Stad+i+ljus.mp3
> >
> > http://myserver/somepath/Tommy%20K%C3%B6rberg/Tommy%20K%C3%B6rberg%20-%20Stad%20i%20ljus.mp3
>
> Well, only the latter URL was created with Hunchentoot's URL-ENCODE,
> right?

No, the former. URL-ENCODE encodes the spaces from the file names, to
pluses, so even if I use the nice function you provided me with, it
does not work, I have to replace the pluses with either a space or
%20.

> > The former gives me this:
> >
> > ====
> > Object not found!
> >
> > The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL
> > manually please check your spelling and try again.
> >
> > If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
> > Error 404
> > myserver
> > ====
>
> Where does this error message come from?  Not from Hunchentoot it
> seems.

Sorry, no no, I am serving my mp3-files using Apache only. I was just
explaining that for some reason a plus character does not work in URLs
if I want to download a file from my web server using Firefox. This
problem has nothing to do with Hunchentoot.

Maybe we should drop this, I am not trying to critizise Hunchentoot, I
am just discussing whether I need to do my (replace-all (replace-all
(url-encode file-name ...) ...) ...) or if there was any way to do
this directly using Hunchentoot. The foo defun you gave me is close,
but returns those pluses that does not seem to work in Firefox/Apache.
Maybe you thought I also used Hunchentoot to deliver the mp3-files to
the client, when I just lets Apache to do it.

Thanks!

/Mathias