[hunchentoot-devel] accessing xml data from xforms/xhtml post

dat dathomp1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 4 13:56:35 UTC 2007

I'm hoping this isn't in the "lame questions" category... Is there
a straightforward way to have hunchentoot look at xml data submitted by
an xforms document? (This comes from playing with firefox with the
xforms extension.)

Example:

1. Using the "post" method
(not "form-data-post"), an xforms document submits xml at the end of
the day. If the firefox "livehttpheaders" plugin isn't lying, it looks
something like:

POST /tadmin/qeditor-qcatsel HTTP/1.1
Host: 127.0.0.1:3000
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Category1/>
<Category2/>
<Category3/>
<Selectaquestion>2 1</Selectaquestion>
</data>

2.
However, Hunchentoot's RAW-POST-DATA returns only "2 1"...all of the
xml tag information is (apparently) discarded. Is there
a straightforward way to get anything a littler "rawer"?

Unfortunately, I'm definitely on the lisp 'newbie' side and got lost on planet chunga as I was trying to figure things out...

Thanks for your time and any tips/suggestions/recommendations,

Alan Thompson