[hunchentoot-devel] *http-error-handler* on IE 7.0 (http code 500)

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Apr 10 14:57:18 UTC 2007

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:36:22 -0400, "Andrei Stebakov" <lispercat at gmail.com> wrote:

> (setf (return-code) +http-ok+) doesn't have any effect on IE 7.0
> when I do it inside my *http-error-handler*.

Yes, you're right, I confused myself.  The code in headers.lisp
already has the return code in a local variable and doesn't update it
after the error handler returns.  The original intent (code by Stefan
Scholl IIRC) obviously was that it should work a bit like Apache's
ErrorDocument directive.  And I agree that it generally is a bad idea
to change the return code in an error handler (see for example Apache
documentation for "ErrorDocument").

> Is it possible to extract a *session* or *reply* from the user
> defined *http-error-handler*?

Yes.

  http://weitz.de/hunchentoot/#*http-error-handler*