[hunchentoot-devel] New release 0.8.4

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon Apr 9 18:56:37 UTC 2007

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 14:15:27 -0400, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:

> In my experience, upgrading is not a big deal. If your site works
> fine, there's not really a compelling reason to upgrade. (I still
> have some sites running tbnl-0.3, from early 2005). If you have
> problems, upgrading to the latest version is not generally a
> difficult process. The fear of upgrading can be a bigger obstacle
> than actually upgrading.

What Zach says.

FWIW, I /try/ to adhere to the following policy:

- Every functional change is mentioned in the ChangeLog file,
  "cosmetic" changes and otherwise irrelevant re-organizations
  sometimes aren't.

- For Bugfixes and "small" changes, only the patch version number is
  released (for example from 0.8.3 to 0.8.4), for new functionality or
  bigger changes the minor version is bumped (for example from 0.7.3
  to 0.8.0).  The major version number will only be increased once I'm
  confident that the library is fairly stable - expect this to take
  more time.

- I try to be backwards-compatible if possible.  Incompatible changes
  will be explicitly announced.

HTH,
Edi.