[tbnl-devel] load balancing and TBNL

quasi quasilists at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 11:50:31 UTC 2006

Hey folks,

I know this is not strictly TBNL related.  But I guess you folks could
have a suggestion.

I have Apache2+mod_lisp2+TBNL running on CMUCL.  There are several
differnt types of page generating functions.  Some very heavy
computationally, some light.  I am able to get ~200req/sec for the
lighter ones with concurrency of 10.  The heavy ones do about
~10req/sec. (ab2 benchmark)

I want to be able to run different lisp images, now, for load
balancing.  I had asked on this list earlier and got the solution.  I
now have different url's mapped to different lisps using the
<Location></Location> setting in the apache config.

But this has several limaitations.  What if I want to have requests
for one location go to multiple lisps in some load balancing fashion
(e.g. round robin) ?  What I wanted to know was, is it possible to
have the same url mapped to different TBNL's listening on different
ports so that requests are load balanced ?  I want to be able to run,
say, 5 lisp's all handling requests to mydomain.com/xyz, say.

One way I thought this might be done was have different location in
the apache config like xyz1, xyz2 etc.etc. each mapped to one lisp and
then somehow map xyz to xyz1, xyz2 etc.  I dont know how, if, this can
be done.  I dont even know if this is a good solution.

thanks,

--
quasi

Utopia Unlimited!