[tbnl-devel] verbatim post parameter access?

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon Feb 21 16:10:59 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:58:21 -0500, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:

> I'm implementing a PayPal IPN handler in TBNL. The process works like
> this:
>
>    1. paypal receives a payment for your account
>
>    2. paypal POSTs the details of the transaction to an URL you
>       specify, e.g. http://tbnlhosting.com/xach/process-ipn
>
>    3. you POST the body of their POST back to a paypal URL, with one
>       additional variable appended
>
>    4. paypal replies to the POST with "VERIFIED" or "INVALID"
>
> Is it possible to get the verbatim body of a POST request with TBNL?
> I noticed there's a header-in value of "content-stream", but it's
> not documented.

Hi Zach!

No, at the moment you can't.  CONTENT-STREAM is not documented because
it's of no use once the request object has been created.  I think the
best way to implement this would be to add a new slot (something like
"RAW-POST-DATA") to the request object and only fill it if some
special variable which usually is NIL has a true value.  What do you
think?

If you want to work on this the meat of it should be around line 110
in request.lisp and you should also decide if you want to do the same
thing for multipart/form-data POST requests.

I can also do this but probably not this week - I'm pretty busy.  So,
clean patches including documentation are preferred... :)

Cheers,
Edi.