[tbnl-devel] Problem with ppc/sbcl

chris at austin-lane.net chris at austin-lane.net
Sun Feb 6 14:31:47 UTC 2005

    Stefan> I don't think this could work without a threading
    Stefan> SBCL. TBNL uses KMRCL for starting a listener. Which
    Stefan> itself just calls a function when there's no threading
    Stefan> SBCL or another Common Lisp with multi-processing:

    Stefan>         #-(or allegro cmu lispworks sb-thread) (funcall
    Stefan> func)

Stefan,

Thanks for the answer.  Any opinion on whether it would be easier to
hack tbnl to use the serve-event non-threads loop or switch a TBNL
script to run under Araneida (which I understand but do not know does
not require threads).

I have an additional question, I am currently getting an encoding
error because the input stream is :EXTERNAL-FORMAT :ASCII and the
POST'ed matter is in UTF8 or Latin-1 or whatever.  Anyone else see
this?

--Chris

Chris Austin-Lane - +1-301-270-6524 - chris at austin-lane.net
People do as much work in 7 40-hour weeks as in 7 50-hour weeks.