[tbnl-devel] a problem while installing..

Jason Wang randomtalk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 16:33:27 UTC 2005

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 22:16:40 +0100, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:57:27 -0500, Jason Wang <randomtalk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > well, i followed Bill Clementson's blog, but then, i can't get it to
> > work.. so as you said, Clisp won't work with TBNL.. so can you
> > suggest a free CL editor + implementation that will work with TBNL??
> > the key word here is free, becuase i'm just 16, there is no way for
> > me to afford anything more than free so far :|.. thanks alot! :D
>
> Well, if you can't afford anything more than free then dump Windows
> and install Linux instead, you'll find heaps of free software for that
> OS including several high-quality Common Lisp implementations like
> CMUCL and SBCL both of which will work with TBNL.
>
> If you want to stick with Windows and you're just using this to learn
> Lisp you can install a free trial version of one of the commercial
> Lisps - both AllegroCL from Franz Inc. and LispWorks from LispWorks
> Ltd. will work with TBNL.  AllegroCL can also be integrated into your
> Lisp In A Box setup AFAIK.  LispWorks has its own IDE that's very easy
> to use.
>
> Cheers,
> Edi.

hi, i have successfully installed TBNL, cl-ppcre, cl-who, kmrcl, md5,
url-rewrite, cl-base64 on my windows computer :D thanks alot! do you
have a tutorial that teaches how to build dynamic pages wtih lisp?
also, is there anything that'll interface with mysql database? or do i
need it? since in php, mysql is inseparable with php :| what do lisp
usually use to store database like info? thanks alot for helping :D
--
www.programer.name - my own personal blog : )