[tbnl-devel] That Memory Consumption Problem Unique to OS/X (Again)

Bob Hutchison hutch at recursive.ca
Fri Apr 1 22:14:35 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've been looking into that unbound memory consumption situation when
directly connecting to TBNL (that doesn't happen when going through
mod_lisp or Araneida and only seems to happen on OS/X).

I put some debugging statements into KMRCL and have (finally) noticed
something that was blindingly obvious before.

There is a KMRCL function lw-worker in listener.lisp that is called for
every request made to TBNL directly. It is called only once (or, at
least, a very few times) if TBNL is invoked indirectly (i.e. via
mod_lisp or Araneida). The call to this function is through a lambda
that is defined in make-socket-server and passed to
comm:start-up-server.

I am assuming at this point that this has something to do with the
problem.

Now, I don't really understand what is going on here. I will continue
to look into this, but if anyone happens to already know what is going
on here I'd love to hear about it.

Cheers,
Bob