[ssc-devel] Changes.

Marco Monteiro masm at acm.org
Tue Aug 1 12:24:48 UTC 2006

There are some changes in the specification.

There is now a rationale (the start of, actually). This will need much
work. Its current text is mainly some observation that were made in the
CL Gardeners mailing list. I'll be working in this section of the
document in the next weeks. Help would be greatly appreciated, of course.

Names for synchronization primitives have been removed. In their place
there is a new :reason key argument to all functions that can block the
this mailing list, and I'll put something in the specification when I
find time to do it. What do you think? Is this better? (Note that
names for synchronization primitives can be addressed with the new
extension mechanism.)

The major change is the new extension mechanism. Read the latest
revision of the specification to know all about this. There is also an
example of its use in the project page
(http://common-lisp.net/project/ssc/). That is how I expect the
mechanism to be used.

Remember that all the changes to the specification are reversible. If
you don't like something, please speak up.

Comments, please.

Cheers,

Marco