[Snow-devel] Slime or other framework for developing Snow

Matus Kmit simply.nitaai at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 06:25:41 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Alessio Stalla <alessiostalla at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 10:52 AM, Matus Kmit <simply.nitaai at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Great, thank You!
>>>
>>> i just tried that out on windows. No-gui-repl option works now, but if
>>> there is some error in REPL, it does not provide Lisp-like restart
>>> options, but throws a Java Exception instead and leaves snow repl
>>> altogether.
>>>
>>> i tried with: (make-var x)
>>>

>> tried the same on linux -> works OK. it seems to be only a windows issue...
>
> Hey,
> sorry for the late reply and thanks for your perseverance :) I've been
> a little too busy lately.

No problem. Thanks for your perseverance :-)

I noticed that on Windows Snow didn't even
> build; I have fixed it on trunk and verified that I get a REPL with a
> working debugger (though I didn't test Slime because I haven't it
> installed on Windows). I can't do a new release right now, but if you
> don't mind using the development version from SVN, chances are that it
> will work fine on Windows, too.
> Also, the new web-based SVN browser is now working on common-lisp.net.

No hurry. i am using linux at home, so no problem. i was trying some
things out at work, where i am using windows so that's why i noticed
that.

> As for SnowFX, whether it will run on mobile devices or not really
> depends on ABCL; currently, it requires a 1.6 JVM supporting
> reflection and dynamic class loading. I don't know if Dalvik meets
> those requirements, but I seriously doubt an unmodified ABCL would run
> there. And the iPhone doesn't even have any form of Java available.
> That rules out the biggest share of the mobile market. That said,
> maybe Oracle will push JavaFX (and thus JavaSE) on mobile devices
> enough to change things a bit.

Ok, yes it's a bit more complicated...

> Cheers,
> Alessio

Cheers :-)
Matus

P.S.: When you will be adding ComboBox, could you maybe also add radio
buttons? i think that will better suit my requirements... Or you don't
plan to add anything until JavaFX is released? :-o