[slime-devel] Situation where I need (with-compilation-unit () ...) wrapped around both the load and the compile

Dave Cooper gendl at genworks.com
Fri Jan 11 04:35:18 UTC 2013

Hi All,

 So I think I have a situation with compiling and loading a file where it
needs

  (with-compilation-unit () (load (compile-file ... )))

in order not to have spurious warnings about undefined functions.

If anyone is interested in details I can give as many as you would like,
but first I'd just like to ask if, assuming this is a legitimate problem,
it makes sense to take care of such a thing by extending

   swank:compile-file-with-compile-file  ?

>From studying the sources, it is not entirely clear to me where the actual

   (load ... )

is taking place, so I am not sure where one would wrap the

   (with-compilation-unit () ...)

even if it turns out that this will be a reasonable thing to do...

Has anyone seen something like this or has any ideas?

And Happy New Year (the year is still only 10 days old, so still can say
that, I guess... :)

--
My Best,

Dave Cooper, Genworks Support
david.cooper at genworks.com, dave.genworks.com(skype)
USA: 248-327-3253(o), 1-248-330-2979(mobile)