[slime-devel] backward-sexp and slime-pprint-eval-last-expression

Cyrus Harmon ch-slime at bobobeach.com
Mon May 7 06:00:52 UTC 2012

On May 6, 2012, at 10:37 PM, Helmut Eller wrote:
> backward-sexp is under the jurisdiction of lisp-mode and not of
> slime-mode.  So if you think that backward-sexp should handle this case
> differently, then you should file a bug report to the Emacs developers.

Sure, but SLIME is under no obligation to use backward-sexp. I think SLIME, for common lisp code, should be a bit more intelligent about how it finds the previous sexp. This may not be a bug for emacs lisp, but it, as demonstrated by the #2A example I gave above, is clearly suboptimal for common lisp code.

> I personally have no desire to add special support for reader macros.
> IMO, reader macros aren't worth the trouble.

If some who consider it worth the trouble were to make this work, would you accept a patch?

thanks,

Cyrus