[slime-devel] Recent (two-three months) problems using CMUCL+SLIME

Alex Goncharov alex-goncharov at comcast.net
Thu Apr 15 14:29:00 UTC 2010

,--- You/Raymond (Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:22:25 -0400) ----*
| I think I found one problem.  In slime-init-popup-buffer in slime.el,
| there's a reference to minor-mode-list.  This doesn't exist in xemacs;
| it's called minor-mode-alist.  Perhaps that's a typo?

In GNU Emacs (23.1) these are two distinct variables (and note that
one is a "list", the other "alist"):

minor-mode-list is a variable defined in `subr.el'.
Its value is
(... display-time-mode show-paren-mode ... )

Documentation:
List of all minor mode functions.
minor-mode-alist is a variable defined in `bindings.el'.

Documentation:
Alist saying how to show minor modes in the mode line.
Each element looks like (VARIABLE STRING);
STRING is included in the mode line if VARIABLE's value is non-nil.

Actually, STRING need not be a string; any possible mode-line element
is okay.  See `mode-line-format'.

Value:
(...
 (compilation-minor-mode " Compilation")
 (compilation-shell-minor-mode " Shell-Compile")
 (isearch-mode isearch-mode))