[slime-devel] Who uses slime-complete-form (C-c C-s)?

Terje Norderhaug terje at in-progress.com
Sat Jul 11 19:27:58 UTC 2009

On Jul 11, 2009, at 10:37 AM, Gábor Melis wrote:
> On Sábado 11 Julio 2009, Tobias C. Rittweiler wrote:
>> I'd like to remove C-c C-s. This would remove a good chunk of code,
>> and would make some other code more straightforward.
>>
>> Disclaimer: I do use C-c C-s myself to automatically insert the
>> situation keywords for EVAL-WHEN forms but I could live without that.
>
> I mostly find myself pressing C-c C-s when the arglist doesn't fit
> in a
> single line at the bottom of the window, whatever it's called in emacs
> slang. Recently though, that has only resulted in a "Could not
> generate
> completion for form ..." message.

Consider upgrading to the latest version. After July 2, Swank no
longer inserts newlines in the arglist. The consequence is that if
you resize the width of your editor window, most arglists will fit on
a single line, at least without prematurely breaking the line.

+2009-07-02  Terje Norderhaug <terje at in-progress.com>
+
+	* swank.lisp (operator-arglist): Don't use pprint-fill
+	for people with wide screens.

-- Terje Norderhaug