[slime-devel] TYPE ERROR: The value 9 is not of type LIST

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Sat Aug 29 14:31:25 UTC 2009

Quoth Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net>:
> * Sebastian Tennant [2009-08-29 14:23+0200] writes:
>
>>  ;; Connection to Emacs lost. [
>>  ;;  condition: The value 9 is not of type LIST.
>>  ;;  type: TYPE-ERROR
>>  ;;  encoding: NIL style: :SPAWN dedicated: NIL]
>
> This looks suspicious: the encoding is NIL, i.e. the default encoding.  Most
> likely something went wrong during initialization.  The first line in the
> *inferior-lisp* buffer contains the initial form that Emacs sends to start up
> a Swank server.  That line should mention the proper encoding.

It reads:

 (swank:start-server "/tmp/slime.10748")

so no mention of coding system there.  I'm using a custom core though.

I followed the 'maximum speed-up' instructions in:

 (info "(slime) Loading Swank faster")

to the letter in order to build it.

I'm about to try it without the custom core and I'll get back to the list.

Regards,

Sebastian
--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.