[slime-devel] Daily ChangeLog diff

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Sun Aug 2 14:09:50 UTC 2009

Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net> writes:

> * Tobias C. Rittweiler [2009-08-02 15:01+0200] writes:
>
>> I just comitted the following:
>>
>>   - Add a new severity :redefinition for notes.
>>
>>   - (I only updated SBCL's swank backend to make use of it. Backends of
>>     other implementations that are as verbose as SBCL (CMUCL?) should be
>>     updated as well.)
>>
>>   - Do not show the compilation log if every note represents a
>>     redefinition.
>
> This is pretty much a SBCL-only problem and I don't like it at all that
> Slime has to work around SBCL deficiencies.  Can't SBCL users just put
> something into SB-EXT:*MUFFLED-WARNINGS*?

I do not want to completely filter them away, as they can be useful
occasionally. I do not want them to pop up a buffer, though.

Clisp, ABCL have a similiar problem as they signal redefinition warnings
when C-c C-k'ing a buffer where they used C-c C-c on some toplevel form
before. Though that's mostly because their backends do not correctly
implement C-c C-c by going through the file compiler.

Another way would be to catch redefinition warnings in the implementations
of swank-compile-*.

  -T.