[slime-devel] Re: Problems with SBCL/CL-PPCRE on Debian/Etch/Testing/clc

Nicolas Neuss neuss at math.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Mar 19 12:50:32 UTC 2008

"Tobias C. Rittweiler" <tcr at freebits.de> writes:

> Nicolas Neuss <neuss at math.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have an CL-PPCRE that was compiled with an SBCL running in a shell
>> (Debian/common-lisp-controller).  Now, I see the error below when trying to
>> load cl-ppcre via SLIME.  I suspect that this is a coding issue again
>> (SB-IMPL::*DEFAULT-EXTERNAL-FORMAT* is :latin1, slime-net-coding-system is
>> iso-latin-1-unix).
>>
>> Did anyone of you run into that problem and know a solution?  Apropos:
>> deleting api.fasl makes SLIME loading work, but then the error occurs when
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Nicolas

>> The class SB-PRETTY:PRETTY-STREAM was not changed, and there's no guarantee that
>> the loaded code (which expected another layout) will work.
>>    [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]
>
> Do you use the `slime-presentation-streams' contrib? What happens when
> you do not use it?
>
>   -T.

You are right, it may be a problem with presentations.  Looking at the
startup messages, I see the following:

WARNING: change in instance length of class PRETTY-STREAM:
  current length: 25
  new length: 27
STYLE-WARNING: redefining MAKE-PRETTY-STREAM in DEFUN
STYLE-WARNING: redefining MAYBE-OUTPUT in DEFUN
STYLE-WARNING: redefining OUTPUT-LINE in DEFUN
STYLE-WARNING: redefining OUTPUT-PARTIAL-LINE in DEFUN
STYLE-WARNING: redefining FORCE-PRETTY-OUTPUT in DEFUN

which indicates some problem.  Could you tell me how to switch off
presentations?

Thank you,
Nicolas