[slime-devel] (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :swank)(create-server) doesn't load contribs.

Kilian Sprotte kilian.sprotte at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 9 12:30:30 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have even a more basic problem...

By just doing:

 (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :swank)
 (swank:create-server :port 4006 :dont-close t)

You will not be able to connect from Emacs, without Emacs telling
you that the protocoll version does not match. (and then forcing
to continue gets me into trouble that I would not get otherwise)

This is because *swank-wire-protocol-version* does not never get set.

In the following

(defmethod asdf:perform ((o asdf:load-op) (f swank-loader-file))
  (load (asdf::component-pathname f))
  (funcall (read-from-string "swank-loader::init")
           :reload (asdf::operation-forced o)
           :delete (asdf::operation-forced o)
	   :setup nil))

what is the reason for  :setup nil ? I think this should be changed to
:setup t.

This sort of connection problem, I have never had before. I must be due to the
changes in the last weeks.

It would be great if someone who knows better could resolve this in a really
consistent way.

Best,
  Kilian