[slime-devel] Debugging SBCL startup issue.

David Brown lisp at davidb.org
Mon Mar 3 04:41:14 UTC 2008

I'm running SBCL 1.0.14 built on gentoo, using the recent CVS of Slime.

When I start slime, it begins in the *inferior-lisp* buffer, loads Swank,
and then sits at a CL-USER[2]: prompt.  The minibuffer says: "Connecting to
Swank on port nnnn.."  This inferior lisp buffer accepts commands.

I've discovered that by generating an error in the inferior lisp, SBCL
enters its debugger, which then prints "Adding fd handler: 6" and then
slime starts up fine.

Any ideas on how to debug this, or what the problem might be?  It seems to
work once I generate the error.

I'm going to try rebuilding SBCL with threading support enabled to see if
this helps.

Thanks,
David Brown