[slime-devel] Re: #line

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Sun Jun 8 11:17:48 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net> wrote:

> I had the impression this more like C's __LINE__.  Can
> SB-C:SOURCE-LOCATION be used to set the current source location?

Sorry, I misunderstood. So you'd want something like

 (grab-source-location loc
   (something (with-grabbed-source-location loc (something-else))

or

 (grab-source-location *magic*)

 (something)

 (something (with-grabbed-source-location *magic* (something-else)))

which would result SOMETHING-ELSE getting the same source location as
it would without the surrounding and preceding forms?

Do you need both, or only the first one?

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus