[slime-devel] Re: slime-load-system

Joris Bleys jorisb at arti.vub.ac.be
Wed Jan 23 10:18:43 UTC 2008

On 23 Jan 2008, at 10:48, Tobias C. Rittweiler wrote:

> Joris Bleys <jorisb at arti.vub.ac.be> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I seem to be unable to use the 'M-x slime-load-system' function which
>> seems to be also missing in my slime.el file. Is my system wrongly
>> configured or is this function abandoned?
>>
>> My current set-up:
>>
>> - slime 2007-12-14 (downloaded from CVS repository)
>> - carbon emacs (winter 2008 edition, from http://homepage.mac.com/zenitani/emacs-e.html)
>> - sbcl 1.0.13
>>
>> Many thanks in advance,
>>
>> Joris
>
> You have to load the `slime-asdf' contrib. You can do that easily by
> placing
>
>  (slime-setup '(slime-fancy slime-asdf slime-tramp))
>
> into your ~/.emacs; this should enable almost all features that you
> may
> be used to from earlier versions.
>
>  -T.

Hi Tobias,

This indeed seems to solve my issue. The only thing that I also had to
change was to also add the contrib subfolder to the load-path in my
~/.emacs, but that's all right. My .emacs file now looks like:

(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/local/current-slime/")
(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/local/current-slime/contrib/")
(setq inferior-lisp-program "/usr/local/bin/sbcl")
(require 'slime)
(slime-setup '(slime-fancy slime-asdf slime-tramp))

Best,

Joris