[slime-devel] Slime with SBCL 1.0.22 on windows ; pipelined request... (swank:listener-eval "d

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 18:24:32 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 6:40 PM, Rayne <rayne at acidrayne.net> wrote:

> I installed slime, and SBCL for windows, and it works fine, except for
> the REPL. Everything works great until I do something to cause an error,
> when I do, the debugger fires and gives me my options, and no matter
> which one I choose, nothing happens. The CL-USER> prompt doesn't come
> back, it just hangs up, and any thing I type results in it saying ";
> pipelined request... (swank:listener-eval "d". Is there any way to fix
> this? This really sucks. I'm sure it's something to do with SBCL because
> the windows port is experimental, just shooting at the chance of there
> being a fix for it.

Confirmed under Windows XP, SBCL 1.0.22, and the newest slime (2008-12-09).
I don't know a fix, but somehow I don't remember this being a problem in the
past, so this could be a regression (or my memory is just bad).

--
Elliott Slaughter

"Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere." - Frank
Herbert