[slime-devel] Re: comma shortcut doesn't work always

Mark Triggs mark at dishevelled.net
Tue Jan 31 01:33:11 UTC 2006

Ivan Toshkov <ivan at toshkov.org> writes:

> On 1/30/06, Luís Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> FWIW, I get this sometimes (with SBCL, as that's what I use most of the
>> times) though not in a reproducible way like yours.
>>

> I had that one time since my previous email.  Cannot reproduce it.

I seem to be able to reproduce this reliably, but it only occurs when I
first start a new inferior lisp process.  To reproduce it I make sure
there are no REPL or inferior-lisp buffers still around, then run `M-x
slime' to start everything up.  When the REPL buffer appears (after the
animation plays), typing "," inserts a literal comma.  If I backspace
that comma and type another, `slime-handle-repl-shortcut' runs
correctly.  Does anyone else see this?

I notice `slime-init-connection-state' has a comment that reads:

  ;; We do the rest of our initialization asynchronously. The current
  ;; function may be called from a timer, and if we setup the REPL
  ;; from a timer then it mysteriously uses the wrong keymap for the
  ;; first command.

which would seem to explain what I'm seeing.

I'm using SLIME from yesterday's CVS, GNU Emacs from CVS (checked out
about two months ago), and CMUCL 19a (although I can reproduce this
problem with CLISP 2.34 too).

Cheers,

Mark

--