[slime-devel] SLIME and CLX and CMUCL "lock up" problem

David Trudgett wpower at zeta.org.au
Tue Jan 24 06:10:19 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,

I was directed to this mailing list by a fellow on comp.lang.lisp, so
hopefully this is the right place to ask.

I've been using SLIME for a while now (I'm just a Lisp newbie,
however), and it has been really great. Since doing some CLX
programming in CMUCL, I've noticed a lot of "freeze ups" where the
Lisp subprocess just goes off and does its own thing and has to be
sent a TERM signal, which means I also have to restart SLIME. Is this
a known conflict between the CLX library and SLIME?

If any of you guys has a suggestion about how I might work around
this, or ideas about what else might be causing problems, it would be
greatly appreciated.

My environment is:
    GNU Emacs 21.4.1
    SLIME 2005-12-27 (from CVS)
    CMUCL 19a
    CLX X Library MIT R5.02, (the one that comes with CMUCL)

Thanks for doing a great job with SLIME!

Bye for now,

David

--

David Trudgett