[slime-devel] presentations

Matthias Koeppe mkoeppe+slime at mail.math.uni-magdeburg.de
Sun Sep 4 10:45:55 UTC 2005

Alan Ruttenberg <alanr-l at mumble.net> writes:

> FYI, I have a few features that I've been thinking of adding.
>
> 2) Updateable presentations. I have some cases where I want to leave
> a marker for something that will take some time to compute and later
> update the presentation with the computed result.

I think it would be great if one could get REPL-like behavior in
arbitrary buffers, for instance the *slime-scratch* buffer.  So I
could start (computation-1) and (computation-2) in different places of
the same buffer, watching their output and waiting for their results.
There could be a placeholder (your updateable presentation) that shows
that the computation is still running; output would be inserted in
front of the placeholder.

> 3) Separate stream/process to handle presentation events so that they
> can be active even when the repl is busy.

I think this works already.

--
Matthias Köppe -- http://www.math.uni-magdeburg.de/~mkoeppe